2018-04-03 by Phil Grayson
Aireforge Studio 1.1.9
A lot of work has gone into this release but many of the changes won't be immediately obvious as we've;
- Changed and standardized every button.
- Relaxed the server limits for Pro versions.
- Improved the handling of licensing issues.
A good example of the changes can been seen in the splash screen. Not huge changes but they've been made everywhere. Another example is the comparison configuration screen.
Improvements to Aireforge Advise
- Added partial support for column store indexes.
- Ignore fragmented indexes now based on pages rather than rows. Defaults to Microsoft recommended value of 1,000 pages.
New Checks for SQL Server
- Database owner does not exist.
- Auto update statistics is disabled.
- Data files larger than 10GB with more than 90% free.
Improved Checks for SQL Server
- Cost threshold for parallelism alerts if set to < 15, but suggests setting it to 30.
New Scripts for SQL Server
- If page verify is NONE or TORN_PAGE, suggest setting to CHECKSUM.
- If auto shrink is enabled, suggest setting to disabled.
- If auto create statistics is disabled, suggest setting to enabled.
- If auto update statistics is disabled, suggest setting to enabled.
- If auto close is enabled, suggest setting to disabled.
- If the compatibility level isn't the latest, suggest setting to the latest but with a warning.
- The suggested size for new tempdb data files are now set to the total space / existing files * number of suggested files.